Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is such a delicious salad to take to work for a low-fat lunch, or for any time...purchase the chicken all ready cooked at your deli to save time...I always prepare a large batch of this salad, keep it in the fridge (it even tastes better the second or third day) and take it to work on a plastic container. Try not to omit the toasted nuts, as they seem to give the salad so much extra flavor...you are sure to enjoy this! (prep time includes refrigeration time).
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta (bow tie pasta)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups red seedless grapes or 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup thin diagonally cut celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the paste to firm-tender; rinse with cold water, drain well.
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, and the next 7 ingredients (orange juice through rice vinegar); whisk to combine.
- Add in the cooked pasta, chicken, grapes, celery, red onion, walnuts, chives and parsley; toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, to blend the flavors.
Seemed a bit blah to my hubbie & me so I chopped up some fresh pineapple and added it which made it more flavorful & moist. We were both happy it was lowfat. Thanks for the recipe.
The salad is delicious. Even better the next day. I didn't have walnuts so I used almonds. I also added some dried cranberries. I made this to take to my office for a healthy lunch.
Kittencal, this is a lovely salad. We are busy renovating a house and twice now I've made this for our lunch. Very easy and extremely tasty. Love the addition of the toasted walnuts, gives it an excellent texture. A definite keeper for our family. Thanks for posting :)