Recipe by chilady61
You must brine the chicken first . I will add brine recipe too . This is an awesome chicken dish .
Top Review by LifeIsGood
10 stars if I could give that rating! Wow, this is such a simple, easy roast chicken recipe but it is made very special by the brining. I roast chicken a lot, but this is the best one I've done. The simple step of brining makes all the difference. It provides a sublte flavor throughout the chicken (without tasting salty at all) and makes the chicken fall-off-the-bone tender. The directions were perfect and the chicken was wonderful. We pan-fried some potatoes, made a delicious gravy with the chicken drippings and served a green salad on the side. Yummy!! Made for the spring Pick-A-Chef event. Thank you!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large roasting chicken, can use a whole regular chicken too
- 1 lemon
- 1 dash rosemary, can use dried
- sea salt (use this to taste )
- black pepper (use this to taste )
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 .
- Rub the olive oil and 3 cloves of garlic over chicken.
- Cut the lemon in half and place in the cavity of the chicken along with the remaining cloves of garlic and rosemary. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Place chicken in black iron skillet. Roast for 30 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 and roast for an additional hour .
- Brine recipe : Place 1 c salt and 5 quarts of water in a large container and stir to dissolve the salt. Submerge chicken in brine making sure it is completely covered with brine, cover and refrigerate for 3 to 8 hours. Remove chicken from brine, rinse well and pat dry.