Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yet to try
- 1 roasting chicken, 6 pound chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlebalsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 lb carrot, cut into chunks
- 4 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken with cold water and pat dry. Use wooden spoon to separate skin from meat.
- Brush bottom of chicken with 1/4 cup of dressing. Tuck wings under chicken.
- Place breast side up on rack in roast pan. Pour 1/2 cup of dressing under and on top of skin. Mix vegetables with rest of dressing. Spoon into chicken cavity.
- Bake 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours until chicken is 180 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Remove and discard vegetables.