1/1 Photo of Roasted Chicken
2 hrs 15 mins
Panhandle Sam's Note:
I made this from ingredients that I ALWAYS have on hand, and I have to adimit, it's pretty good. The meat always turns out juicy, and the skin flavorful and crispy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Brush the bottom of an 8X11 glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 3Rinse chicken thoroughly, inside and out, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- 4Rub the chicken with remaining oil, salt and pepper, and place in baking dish, breast side up.
- 5Run your fingers underneath the skin, and place 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each breast, and under the skin.
- 6Chop onion into chunks, and slice lemon in half and then each half into fours.
- 7Stuff half of the onions and lemons, all of the garlic, the remaining butter, and one sprig of rosemary into the cavity. Close the opening with the toothpics.
- 8Tuck the wings back and under the chicken. Arrange the remaining onions, lemon, and rosemary in the pan surrounding the chicken.
- 9Sprinkle the chicken with the chicken seasoning.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes, per pound. Baste every 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 63.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: