Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Your savory Sunday dinner chicken!
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, slivered
- Combine rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Separate chicken skin from chicken breast and thighs by running your fingers between the meat and the skin, being careful not to tear the skin but, to create a "Pocket" between the meat and the skin.
- Rub seasoning mixture in the "pockets" and distribute garlic slivers beneath the skin.
- Place any remaining seasoning and garlic in the cavity of the bird. Cover in container or plastic bag and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours. Overnight is preferable to get the full effect.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place chicken on a vertical roasting rack or breast side up in a roasting pan. Roast bird for 35-45 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 190 degrees.
- Remove skin prior to serving.