Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all the ingredients except the basil in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are just bursting.
- Carefully transfer the tomatoes to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the roasting pan on the stove over medium heat (or transfer the liquid to a small saucepan) and reduce liquid until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the tomatoes with the basil.
- Drizzle some of the thickened balsamic sauce on each serving.
Boy, is this delicious! We ordered a bruschetta appetizer at a fancy restaurant on Hilton Head Island, SC. This recipe is as good if not better, than the roasted cherry tomatoes on the brushetta appetizer. I ate these straight up, in a tossed salad and on Italian bread to mop up the extra juice in the bowl.
These were delicious. I served them as a side dish to baked fish. As some other suggested, I also added crumbled feta cheese and also some chopped pecans. Will try these again.
Wow, this was an amazing dish! I've been trying to use up the tons of cherry and grape tomatoes from my garden and this was a delicious way to use a bunch. I served it over ravioli filled with goat cheese and it was a winner at my house!