- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all the ingredients except the basil in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are just bursting.
- Carefully transfer the tomatoes to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the roasting pan on the stove over medium heat (or transfer the liquid to a small saucepan) and reduce liquid until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the tomatoes with the basil.
- Drizzle some of the thickened balsamic sauce on each serving.
These were delicious. I served them as a side dish to baked fish. As some other suggested, I also added crumbled feta cheese and also some chopped pecans. Will try these again.
Wow, this was an amazing dish! I've been trying to use up the tons of cherry and grape tomatoes from my garden and this was a delicious way to use a bunch. I served it over ravioli filled with goat cheese and it was a winner at my house!
These were wonderful! My BF does not usually like any kind of tomatoe but he made an exception with these. Made pasta and they were a nice added touch. Thanks Derf for making me look like a great cook!