Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for lunch and light dinner. From Healthy Living.
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes or 3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 16 ounces gluten-free pasta, thin spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven 400°F Toss the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread the tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast the tomatoes for 20-30 minutes or until shriveled and lightly browned. Scrape the tomatoes and juices into a large bowl. Add the spinach.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta.
- Toss the pasta with the spinach, roasted tomatoes, Asiago and basil. Sprinkle with the pine nuts. Serve with additional cheese on the side.
Really enjoyed this light, fresh meal. I used about half the pasta since there were only 3 of us. I followed the rest of the recipe the same, using basil and parmesan instead of asiago. Although we had half the pasta, the sauce was NOT too much in proportion to the pasta, so I'm glad I didn't reduce that by half too.
I've started making this in lieu of spaghetti and tomato sauce. The cherry tomatoes get so sweet and delicious! I also roasted some mushrooms along with the tomatoes and used italian blend cheese because it was on hand