Recipe by gailanng
You ain't tasted nothin' till you tasted roasted tomatoes in a balsamic glaze. Adapted from Better Homes and Garden. Note: Cut recipe in half and use disposable aluminum pie pan.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (red, yellow or grape)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons brown sugar (can sub granulated sugar and optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or can sub basil or even better, rosemary)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 13x9x2 inch disposable foil pan combine tomatoes, oil, garlic, vinegar, sugar and oregano.
- FOR CHARCOAL GRILL:.
- Place foil pan directly over medium coals for 8 to 9 minutes or until tomatoes are wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from grill.
- FOR GAS GRILL:.
- Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place pan on grill rack. Cover and grill as above.
- OVEN METHOD:.
- Preheat oven 450 degrees. Cook in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.