Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
You ain't tasted nothin' till you tasted roasted tomatoes in a balsamic glaze. Adapted from Better Homes and Garden. Note: Cut recipe in half and use disposable aluminum pie pan.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (red, yellow or grape)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons brown sugar (can sub granulated sugar and optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or can sub basil or even better, rosemary)
- In a 13x9x2 inch disposable foil pan combine tomatoes, oil, garlic, vinegar, sugar and oregano.
- FOR CHARCOAL GRILL:.
- Place foil pan directly over medium coals for 8 to 9 minutes or until tomatoes are wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from grill.
- FOR GAS GRILL:.
- Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place pan on grill rack. Cover and grill as above.
- OVEN METHOD:.
- Preheat oven 450 degrees. Cook in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yum! Balsamic and garlic with tomatoes! I think the leftovers will also be wonderful in chicken salad or any salad! Thanks gailanng!
Tasty and easy recipe! It was a great way to use the surplus of grape tomatoes I had from my garden.
This is one great recipe.
I followed the directions and used the oven method, using my own homegrown grape and cherry tomatoes.
SO easy and such a great idea to use a foil tray ....No cleaning!!!!!
Just simply throw the tray away... now that's my idea of a great recipe!
We all loved this and the tomatoes are so sweet cooked this way.
I will be making this again but trying the B.B.Q. next time.
Thanls gailanng for posting this wonderful recipe.