Recipe by juniperwoman
This recipe starts with frozen potato wedges! No chopping! No endless baking! It got rave reviews on bhg.com, so I knew I had to post it here.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I added 3 pieces of chopped bacon and served these for our " breakfast for dinner" night along with scrambled eggs. Great flavor and I liked that they used frozen potatoes/fries. Made for Cookbook Tag.
- 1 (24 ounce) packagefrozen potatoes (wedges with skins on)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked or regular)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (, 4 ounces) or 1 cup regular cheddar cheese (, 4 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup crushed crouton (about 1 cup croutons)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven according to package directions for potatoes.
- Place frozen potatoes in a large self-sealing plastic bag.
- Combine cooking oil, garlic, paprika, and salt.
- Drizzle over potato wedges.
- Seal bag and shake to coat potatoes.
- Lightly coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Bake potato wedges according to package directions, turning once.
- In another small bowl combine the cheese and croûtons.
- Sprinkle over the potatoes the last 3 minutes of baking.
- Use a large spatula to transfer potato wedges to a platter or large plate (keep potatoes in a single layer).
- Serve with sour cream, if desired.