Recipe by BarbryT
a.k.a. roasted garbanzo beans/chickpeas. People always are looking for healthy snacks and unless you are on a low sodium diet, this fits. They also add nicely to homemade snack blends (e.g., chex mixes, Giada's Ceci, Pistachio and Almond mix and the like).EDITED 9-8-07 Given the comments about the beans remaining somewhat soft inside, and realizing people expect them to be crispy, yesterday I made a double batch, cooked as indicated and then turned the oven to 275 and left them in for another hour to hour and a half. They were perfectly crunchy.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Recipe Swap #19 Aus/NZ. I didn't have real good luck with these, but I've tried making them before and didn't have good luck then either. It's probably just me. Anyway, I do like chick peas and I will try these again.
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (rinsed and dried) or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (rinsed and dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread garbanzo beans on half sheet pan, dribble olive oil over them and use your (clean) hands to mix.
- Roast for 40 minutes, shaking the pan every 12 minutes or so, until quite brown and crisp.
- (May leave in oven for another hour or two at 250 to 275 for additional crisping.).
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
- Cool. Serve.
- Can recrisp, if necessary, by heating for 5 minutes in a 375 degree oven.