1/2 Photos of Roasted Cauliflower With Parmesan & Pancetta
Courtesy of Giada DeLaurentiis. The addition of red pepper flakes gives this cauliflower a bite. If you don't like spicy eliminate the red pepper flakes and you still have an amazing side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces, about 6 cups
- 4 ounces piece pancetta, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 3Blanch the cauliflower for 2 minutes.
- 4Transfer the cauliflower to a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- 5In a small skillet over medium high heat, brown the pancetta. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- 6In the same skillet, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir until combined.
- 7Continue stirring and cook for 2 minutes to cook the flour.
- 8Take off the heat and slowly add the milk, stirring continuously until the milk has incorporated and there are no lumps.
- 9Put back on low heat, add garlic clove and red pepper flakes and stir the sauce over low heat until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- 10Add the parmesan, salt, pepper, nutmeg and the reserved pancetta. Stir to combine.
- 11Pour the sauce over the cauliflower to cover.
- 12Top with a sprinkling of breadcrumbs.
- 13Bake until the breadcrumbs are golden and the cauliflower is cooked, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cauliflower With Parmesan & Pancetta
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.1
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 763.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: