1/4 Photos of Roasted Cauliflower With Onions and Fennel
From the March 2007 Gourmet magazine, to which I have subscribed for more than 35 years. This combination is outstanding and the prebrowning of each vegetable is key. (Yes, it's more work, but it is worth it!) It is delicous hot and even better at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) cauliflower, cored, cut into 1-inch florets
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (1/2 lb) onion, halved lengthwise, cut into 3/4-inch-wide wedges with some core still attached, peeled
- 2 fresh fennel bulbs, halved lengthwise, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide wedges with some core still attached (about 1 pound total)
- 8 small garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 15 sprigs fresh marjoram
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F Toss cauliflower and 2 T olive oil in a large bowl. Heat a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and sauté until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to rimmed baking sheet.
- 2Add 2 T oil to the same skillet. Add onion wedges and cook until browned on 1 side, about 3 minutes. Using spatula, carefully transfer onions to baking sheet with cauliflower, arranging wedges browned side up.
- 3Add last 2 T oil to same skillet. Add fennel; sauté until fennel softens slightly and starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to same baking sheet.
- 4Scatter garlic and marjoram over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are caramelized, about 25 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cauliflower With Onions and Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: