1/2 Photos of Roasted Cauliflower With Lemon Brown Butter
I came across this in my local newspaper. I am discovering that I really like cauliflower! I wouldn't touch it when I was a kid, but now I appreciate how versatile a vegetable it really is. This recipe is really interesting because the brown butter is made with fried sage leaves and roasting the cauliflower adds an additional layer of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pan, heat oil until rippling; add sage and cook, while stirring, until crisped, about 2 minutes.
- 2Drain on paper toweling and transfer oil to a large bowl.
- 3Let sage cool, then crumble into a small bowl; stir in coarse salt and set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F; place a roasting pan, with about an inch of water on bottom of oven.
- 5Add cauliflower to bowl of oil and season with table salt; toss to coat.
- 6Spread cauliflower out on 2 baking sheets and bake until lightly browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 7In the meantime, melt butter in a small pan over medium heat until foamy.
- 8Once foam subsides, stir often, and once solids are browned, turn off heat and squeeze all the lemon juice into pan and stir well.
- 9Transfer cauliflower to a bowl, pour butter on top, add lemon zest, season with about half the sage salt, toss; taste and add more sage salt as needed.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cauliflower With Lemon Brown Butter
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.6
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 984.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves