1/2 Photos of Roasted Cauliflower With Harissa Sauce
I used a combination of cauliflower and broccoli (romanesco will work, too.) I ran out of time to prepare my standard harissa sauce and tried this cheater's version: Easiest Moroccan Harissa or Hot Sauce (subbing ketchup for tomato paste). Great as a side dish or appetizer. Copycat recipe from a restaurant in Portland, OR but don't know which one. Vegan friendly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into uniform sized florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1Roasted Cauliflower: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Place the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Mix well, then shake the pan to evenly distribute cauliflower in one single layer. Season with salt and cumin seeds.
- 3Roast, shaking pan after about 10 minutes. Continue roasting until tender and browned around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of cauliflower pieces.
- 4Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with herbs. Serve with Harissa Dipping Sauce.
- 5Harissa Dipping Sauce: Combine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Taste and add more harissa if you want the dip spicier. I used the entire recipe yield of harissa which was about 4 tablespoons total stirred into 1/2 cup of the yogurt and mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cauliflower With Harissa Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 753.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g