Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used a combination of cauliflower and broccoli (romanesco will work, too.) I ran out of time to prepare my standard harissa sauce and tried this cheater's version: Easiest Moroccan Harissa or Hot Sauce (subbing ketchup for tomato paste). Great as a side dish or appetizer. Copycat recipe from a restaurant in Portland, OR but don't know which one. Vegan friendly.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into uniform sized florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or sour cream, or Greek yogurt, or any combination of these.)
- 1 teaspoon harissa (or more, to taste)
- Roasted Cauliflower: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Mix well, then shake the pan to evenly distribute cauliflower in one single layer. Season with salt and cumin seeds.
- Roast, shaking pan after about 10 minutes. Continue roasting until tender and browned around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of cauliflower pieces.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with herbs. Serve with Harissa Dipping Sauce.
- Harissa Dipping Sauce: Combine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Taste and add more harissa if you want the dip spicier. I used the entire recipe yield of harissa which was about 4 tablespoons total stirred into 1/2 cup of the yogurt and mayonnaise.
Yummy! I absolutely love roasted cauliflower and the directions for this were perfect. I really loved the harissa sauce addition. Great for dipping! Thank you. Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9
So delicious! I love roasted cauliflower and I love cumin, but never tried them togther. I made a vegan version of the sauce by whipping up a cashew aioli and adding an already prepared harissa. Yummy, easy and healthy- you can't beat that. Thanks for posting, we'll be eating this again for sure.