Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love this recipe! You can also do this with asparagus, but use less garlic and reduce the cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Meanwhile, wash the cauliflower and break into florets.
- Take the heads of garlic and peel the individual cloves.
- Leave the peeled cloves whole.
- Put the cauliflower and the garlic cloves on a large cookie sheet with sides.
- Add the olive oil and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- If your cauliflower is really large, you might need a couple more Tablespoons of oil.
- Try and spread the cauliflower to a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Bake 5 more minutes and stir.
- Bake 5 more minutes and stir for a third time.
- You need to keep stirring every 5 minutes another time or two.
- The cauliflower tastes best when the garlic cloves and the smaller florets have browned.
- A. I frequently make this with potatoes, but use a Martha Stewart tip for potatoes and put the baking sheet into the oven to preheat along with the oven. Mix the potatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Sometimes I will add a dash of thyme or rosemary. After the oven is preheated, remove the baking sheet and add the potatoes to the baking sheet--they will sizzle. This tip leads to potatoes that are a little bit more brown than they would normally be when following this recipe.
- B. I often like to buy whole peeled garlic cloves from Costco. They go bad fairly quickly, so I keep them in the freezer and just pull out what I need each time.
Yup...totally easy and utterly wonderful. I hardly ever do anything with cauliflower anymore except roast it...and the garlic cloves add a lovely mild garlicy flavor to these. Thanks for posting!
I baked at 450 for 30 minutes, turning only once after 20 minutes. I also used just one head of garlic and lightly crushed the cloves. It's very good.
So good! The only thing I did differently was to use garlic salt rather than regular salt. It was so easy and the flavor was great. We really enjoyed them.