Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 lbs cauliflower, cut into 2 inch-wide florets (3 heads)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread evenly in 2 shallow baking pans and roast in upper and lower thirds of oven, stirring occasionally, until golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
I bought cauliflower at the supermarket specifically to try this recipe...I used one head of cauliflower, a little over 1/4 cup olive oil and instead of regular salt, I used chicken salt. From there, I followed the recipe and loved the results...I was very pleased with this alternative to the usual cauliflower smothered in cheese sauce! Thank you! **If you can't find chicken salt in your local market, please let me know!
This recipe is the reason people grow cauliflower. Simply wonderful, I think next time I will not be so afraid to leave it in the oven a bit longer as the parts that really browned tasted the best. Must run....I think I hear the leftovers calling me from the fridge. I think a midnight snack is in order LOL.
This is so good! I also added carrots cut into large chunks and used the garlic press on only one garlic clove, and added about 6-8 others just whole. This recipe will make you wonder why you haven't been eating cauliflower like this your whole life!