1/1 Photo of Roasted Cauliflower Soup
1 hr 5 mins
An easy, savory soup, with a great depth of flavor from roasting the veggies. Impressive enough for a first course at a dinner party, but easy enough to make for a family supper. Adapted from a recipe found in Family Circle Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On two cookie sheets, place cauliflower, onion, and garlic. Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and turn to coat.
- 2Roast veggies in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15.
- 3Combine roasted vegetables, chicken stock, bay leaf, and thyme. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove bay leaf and purée using an immersion blender. Add half and half, salt, and pepper and heat gently.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 519.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 7.1 g