Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Roasting the cauliflower for this soup brings out a rich, nutty flavor.
- 2 lbs cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 2⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat an oven to 425°F
- Toss cauliflower, onions, and garlic together in a large roasting pan. Drizzle the vegetables with the oil, season them with the pepper and thyme, and toss lightly to coat.
- Roast the vegetables uncovered for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they turn golden brown.
- Place the roasted vegetables into a large saucepan with the chicken stock and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and salt; heat through.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a countertop blender.
- Serve hot.