Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ok I went and topped a really delish recipe I have posted with pearl onions. A take-off of Roasted Cauliflower & 16 Roasted Cloves of Garlic.
- 16 garlic cloves
- 283.49 g white pearl onions
- 1 large cauliflower (trimmed and cut into bite size pieces)
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Place garlic cloves and pearl onions in a hot water bath for 2-4 minutes.
- Strain and remove skin from garlic and onions.
- (Optional ) You can pour the fragrant water from the garlic and onions over the cauliflower and let sit while peeling the garlic and onions and then drain before placing in the roasting pan.
- Place all the ingredients in a large casserole dish. Toss well.
- Roast in a preheated over of 450 degrees for 20 minutes give a toss and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil and season to taste with coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper.
We loved this! Roasted cauliflower is oh so good and the garlic and onions compliment it wonderfully. Definitely a go-to dish.
I was pleasantly surprized that this turned out so good! I scaled down the recipe, used regular yellow onion cut in bite size pieces and left out the black pepper. Loved it Rita! Thank you! I did take a picture, but it turned out blurry and I had already gobbled it all up!
Loved this recipe. Made as written and turned out great. Did cook mine a bit longer to caramelize it a bit more.