Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A yummy side dish from Woman's Day. The total amount of cauliflower needed is about 5 pounds.
- 1 small head purple cauliflower, cut in 1 1/2-inch florets
- 1 small yellow cauliflower, cut in 1 1/2-inch florets
- 1 small green cauliflower, cut in 1 1/2-inch florets
- 1 small white cauliflower, cut in 1 1/2-inch florets
- 3 large vidalia onions, each cut lengthwise in 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, cut in slivers
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Put cauliflower and onions, then oil, salt and pepper in a heavy-bottomed roasting pan; toss to mix and coat.
- Roast 40-45 minutes, tossing vegetables every 15 minutes, until lightly charred and tender.
- Add olives, cheese and parsley; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
This is a wonderful side dish, and so quick! I have to confess -- was only cooking for 2, so I used 1/2 purple head and 1/2 white head, and only one onion. I actually kept the rest of the ingredients in the original amount listed, and this turned out great. Obviously, I didn't need to have them in the oven quite as long -- 35 minutes was more than enough and gave a nice charred flavor to the onions. We really enjoyed this!