1/1 Photo of Roasted Cauliflower, Leek & Garlic Soup
Chef #309331's Note:
This came from the Clean Eating Magazine. Can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen up to 1 month.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 leeks, white part only, washed and thickly sliced
- 1/2 head garlic, cut so cloves are exposed
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 cups shredded fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Place large baking sheet in oven. While preheating, toss leeks garlic and cauliflower with 1 tbsp oil, sea salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Roast in center of oven, stirring occasionally until cauliflower is browned and almost tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 2Remove garlic from baking sheet and set aside. Scrape leeks and cauliflower into large saucepan. Add chicken broth and bay leaves. When cool enough, squeeze garlic from skins into saucepan and discard skins. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer until leeks are very tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Working in batches puree in a food processor or blender and pour into saucepan. Stir in milk. Reheat before serving.
- 4Place basil in a blender. Add hot water and puree until smooth. Ladle soup into warm bowls. Add a spoonful of basil into each, using a toothpick swirl decoratively into soup.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cauliflower, Leek & Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 126.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g