Recipe by ceilmary
From Wegman's Menu Magazine; the squash can be purchased already diced at Wegman's
Top Review by dms0864
I made this last night and it was delicious!! Not sure what Wegman's Basting Oil is, so I substituted EVOO and tossed the veggies with Kosher salt and black pepper before roasting. Even the kids and the hubby liked it, although I didn't make enough to share!! Just enough for me to have a big bowl for dinner with leftovers to enjoy for lunch today. (I made a smaller batch than listed because I used fresh Delicata and didn't have 20 oz. worth.) Will definitely make again!
- 1 head cauliflower, cored
- 1 small red onion, peeled, 1-1/2-inch dice
- 20 ounces delicata squash, cleaned and cut
- 1⁄4 cup basting oil (Wegman's)
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower and squash to be about the same size for even roasting.
- Toss cauliflower, onion, and squash with basting oil. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast on center rack 30 min, or until tender.
- Add spinach to large bowl; add hot cauliflower-squash mixture. Toss to wilt spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To prepare ahead: Prepare through end of step 3. Cool slightly, transfer to separate container and refrigerate. When ready to finish dish, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place on baking sheet and reheat 15-20 minute Continue with step 4.