Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Wegman's Menu Magazine; the squash can be purchased already diced at Wegman's
Make and share this Roasted Cauliflower & Delicata Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower and squash to be about the same size for even roasting.
- Toss cauliflower, onion, and squash with basting oil. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast on center rack 30 min, or until tender.
- Add spinach to large bowl; add hot cauliflower-squash mixture. Toss to wilt spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To prepare ahead: Prepare through end of step 3. Cool slightly, transfer to separate container and refrigerate. When ready to finish dish, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place on baking sheet and reheat 15-20 minute Continue with step 4.
I made this last night and it was delicious!! Not sure what Wegman's Basting Oil is, so I substituted EVOO and tossed the veggies with Kosher salt and black pepper before roasting. Even the kids and the hubby liked it, although I didn't make enough to share!! Just enough for me to have a big bowl for dinner with leftovers to enjoy for lunch today. (I made a smaller batch than listed because I used fresh Delicata and didn't have 20 oz. worth.) Will definitely make again!
I'm not rating this as I have not tried this recipe. My copy of this recipe calls for 6oz baby spinach, sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Also Nutrition Info: each serving is 1 cup. Exchanges - 1 c vegetables (and/or fruits). I hope to try this recipe soon. Thanks for posting a good sounding recipe! Christine (internetnut)
Haven't made it yet, but tasted it at Wegman's in a demonstration. Wonderful nutty flavor, different from butternut squash or other varieties. Too subtle to be a veggie main course, but excellent as a condiment or side dish. Really easy and inexpensive to do. A keeper recipe. I'll be making it myself this weekend and will add to this review.