Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
From Cooking Light--this was just too interesting for me to pass up! Posted for safekeeping. I will likely reduce the oil a bit...
- 5 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 pound)
- 24 green olives, pitted and halved
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small roasting pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Toss well to coat.
- Bake at 450° for 22 minutes or until cauliflower is browned and crisp-tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
So delicious... the combination of flavors was amazing. I made this in a convection toaster oven and it turned out beautifully roasted. Served it with a roasted chicken - our company raved over this dish more than the chicken! We cut the recipe back to feed four but wish I'd made the whole thing. What a great way to spice up cauliflower - this dish will definitely have a permanent place in our rotation! Made for ZWT9 - Gourmet Goddesses.
Terrific cauliflower dish! I had some jalapeno-stuffed olives on hand so used those and they were great in this. Loved the combination of cauliflower and chickpeas and the nice bit of heat. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
This was SPECTACULAR! I never would have tried it if I hadn't seen it in the ZWT8 book. It is SO good and we will make it again and again. I think that the olive oil can be cut back by 1T to a total of 2 tablespoons. That would cut back on some of the fat. I think we'll sprinkle some snipped chives on it next time. Also, for those of you who aren't watching your calories, I think crumbled bacon would be great on this.