Recipe by Stephanie5868
A full-flavor, low calorie, veggie packed soup! This can be served as a main dish with crusty bread, or as a side to any meal. This recipe is easily adaptable to your personal preferences. If you prefer additional textures, feel free to add cooked florets of the veggies to the prepared soup.
- 1⁄2 large head cauliflower
- 1⁄2 head broccoli
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 4 -6 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable)
- salt and pepper
- Italian parsley (for topping)
- shredded parmesan cheese (for topping) (optional)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut cauliflower and broccoli into similarly sized florets. Place florets and carrots on baking sheet; spray lightly with cooking oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast for 30 minutes or until tender, turning halfway.
- While vegetables are roasting, dice onion and chop garlic. Spray a saucepan with cooking oil, heat over low-medium heat, and add onion, garlic, oregano/thyme, and basil. Cover and cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Pour 1 cup of the broth into the pan with the onion to deglaze the pan. Place the roasted vegetables, onion and herbs, and remaining broth in a blender and puree.
- Return soup to saucepan and add salt and pepper to taste. Add extra broth if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Heat to desired level and serve in bowls with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and parmesan on top.