Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Oven roasted potatoes and cauliflower and Mediterranean spices finished with the bright acidity of lemon and the saltiness of feta cheese this makes a nice meatless entree for 2 or a tasty side dish with roasted chicken or lamb.
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
- 6 -8 small yellow potatoes, such as Dutch or fingerling
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 °.
- Place cauliflower and potatoes in a shallow baking dish large enough to accommodate as a single layer. Drizzle about 2 tblsp of olive oil over them. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, cumin, a couple of good pinches of salt and lemon pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Roast for about 20-25 minutes occasionally shaking and stirring to rotate potatoes and cauliflower throughout. When potatoes are fork tender and cauliflower is deep golden brown remove from the oven. While oven is still hot place 2 pita breads on oven rack and let toast until slightly crispy and charred. Meahwhile sprinkle lemon juice and cilantro and feta over the potatoes and cauliflower and toss together.
- Serve with toasted pita and a dollop of hummus on the side.
Followed this recipe right along, using 6 fingerling potatoes & it was great! We do love cauliflower around here, so now I've found another wonderful way to prepare it, thanks to your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
I searched for a recipe to use up some cauliflower and fingerling potatoes I had in the fridge and found this. We aren't vegetarians, but I hadn't thawed any meat and it was getting late, so when I saw this I thought it would be great as a meal with hummus and pitas. I just happened to have some pitas and a can of garbanzo beans, so while the veggies were roasting I made hummus (without tahini, because I don't have any), and grilled the pitas on my stovetop grill, then brushed them with butter I bought already flavored with garlic and basil. I also made up some Greek yogurt with a Simply Organic Mediterranean herb dip mix for on top of the veggies or to dip baby carrots in (I posted a pic of our meal- it was delicious and we didn't miss the meat at all!) The only changes I made were that I had no lemon pepper, so I used lemon juice concentrate and black pepper, plus I added garlic and onion powders besides the other spices in the recipe. All three of my kids, plus one of their friends, my husband and I all gobbled it up! :-) Delicious- I will definitely make this again!