Oven roasted potatoes and cauliflower and Mediterranean spices finished with the bright acidity of lemon and the saltiness of feta cheese this makes a nice meatless entree for 2 or a tasty side dish with roasted chicken or lamb.
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
- 6 -8 small yellow potatoes, such as Dutch or fingerling
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 °.
- Place cauliflower and potatoes in a shallow baking dish large enough to accommodate as a single layer. Drizzle about 2 tblsp of olive oil over them. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, cumin, a couple of good pinches of salt and lemon pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Roast for about 20-25 minutes occasionally shaking and stirring to rotate potatoes and cauliflower throughout. When potatoes are fork tender and cauliflower is deep golden brown remove from the oven. While oven is still hot place 2 pita breads on oven rack and let toast until slightly crispy and charred. Meahwhile sprinkle lemon juice and cilantro and feta over the potatoes and cauliflower and toss together.
- Serve with toasted pita and a dollop of hummus on the side.