Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This looks yummy! From Food Everyday issue 1.
Make and share this Roasted Cauliflower and Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder (or your favorite curry mix)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat the cauliflower florets in the oil and 1 tsp salt, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Roast cauliflower until it turns brown, about 25 minutes.
- Melt butter and add onions to medium size sauce pan. Cook onions until soft.
- Add curry powder, cauliflower, water and broth to pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Uncover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove 3 cups of cauliflower from the pot.
- Using a stick blender, CAREFULLY blend the remaining soup, adding 1 tsp salt, until smooth.
- Add the 3 cups of cauliflower back inches Top with parsley.
YUM!! This was great! I added extra curry powder, and threw in some hot as well; added veggie chicken seasoning (McKay's) and used cilantro instead of parsley. Thanks so much for sharing!! :O)
This was OUTSTANDING! I will double it next time, because it tastes even BETTER leftover. Really delicious and healthy.
Made this tonight... Very flavorful! Next time I'll use 2 heads of cauliflower, as there wasn't nearly 3 cups left of the roasted stuff for pureeing once everyone got done munching on it ;-) That roasted cauliflower is gonna be a side dish in its own right someday!