Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I think this is a Julie LeClerc recipe from a New Zealand magazine.
- 1 cauliflower, large size
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper
- parsley, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted, for garnish
- Heat oven 170 C.
- Cut cauli into small, even flowerets.
- Place in baking dish.
- Mix oil and garlic together.
- Drizzle over cauliflower.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well to coat.
- Roast 30 - 40 minutes till golden brown and tender.
- Scatter with parsley and pine nuts and serve.
Excellent roasted cauliflower. I absolutely love it and could probably eat the whole batch by myself! I set my oven to 350 degrees F. and roasted the cauliflower for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. It turned out perfectly. The only change I made was to lessen the amount of oil by almost half. It seemed enough for the size head of my cauliflower. I adored the toasted pine nut addition. Yum!
Aussie Swap #64: Kate - this was an incredible dish! I love cauliflower but this takes it to a whole new level - and the pine nuts - to die for!! One of my new fave dishes!!
I'm weak at the knees. Cauliflower doesn't get any better than this. I cut back on the oil a bit and used a mix of toasted pine nuts and sunflower seeds. I can't imagine roasting cauliflower any other way now. Absolutely sensational. Thanks so much for posting.