Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
This recipe comes from Diabetic Forecast. Serving size is 1 cup; Vegetable Exchanges 2; Fat Exchanges 1
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F Discard the outer leaves of the cauliflower and remove the florets from the base. Cut the florets into medium-size pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the florets and turn off the heat. Let the cauliflower stand in the water 2 minutes. Drain.
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl and add half of the olive oil. Toss well.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Arrange the caulifower on the sheet in one layer.
- Roast for 7 minutes. Meanwhile combine the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, panko or bread crumbs, almonds, cheese, parsley and oregano in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the roasted cauliflower and continue to roast for another 10 minutes until cauliflower and crumbs are lightly browned.
- Note: If the crumbs will not completely adhere to the caulifower, scrape the contents of the pan into a serving dish, sprinkling the crumbs on top of the cauliflower.
Good tasting recipe, quick and easy. Better than some other roasted cauliflower recipes I've tried. Goes into the keeper file. Thanks, for posting....Janet