Recipe by annconnolly
It’s great with veal chops, rack of lamb, even redfish."
Top Review by puppitypup
LOVED this so much that I the leftovers for breakfast the next day. Easy and delicious. I've never put pepper on cauliflower before, and the combination is addictive. I had to increase the second portion of butter to get the crumbs to the right consistency. THANK YOU for a definite keeper Smurfetta:)
- 2 heads cauliflower, cored and cut into large florets
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter (4 tablespoons diced, 4 tablespoons melted)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup parsley, chopped fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the cauliflower neatly in a roasting pan, add the water, place the diced butter evenly over the florets, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Most of the liquid will evaporate and the cauliflower should be about half-cooked.
- Thoroughly combine the melted butter, bread crumbs, cheese, and parsley, and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the florets.
- Return the pan to the oven, and cook for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender but not overcooked. The topping should be golden brown, not burned.