Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm used to eating cauliflower raw, steamed or pureed. I love cauliflower and will eat it any way it is prepared. But this method makes cauliflower so palatable to any but the most ardent anti-veggie. I hope this will change your mind!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled & coarsely minced
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- paprika, garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and put in a single layer in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Add garlic.
- Squeeze a lemon over caulifower and drizzle each piece with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If the oven hasn't reached 400F yet, set aside, until it has.
- Place casserole dish in the hot oven, uncovered, for 15-25 minutes, until the top is lightly brown.
- Test with a fork for desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle generously with shredded Parmesan and paprika for color.
We roast vegetables a lot, but this is the first time I have ever added the lemon and it makes a big difference. The cauliflower was amazing. It did take longer than the stated 15-25 minutes, but I may have left mine in to large of pieces. For a lot fat and healthy side dish this is a perfect choice. You really need very little oil for the dish, and it is a great healthy addition to just about any meal. I can't wait to try with broccoli and asparagus.
This was very tasty cauliflower! We thought it might have been too tangy from the lemon at first, but we decided we liked it alot! I cooked mine at 425 for 35 minutes, stirring a couple times. Then I sprinkled it with the Parmesan and paprika and put it under the broiler for 3 minutes so the cheese melted and was golden-yum! My husband said any vegetable recipe that is flavorful enough that he doesn't need to add butter is a winner! My son enjoyed it too and he hates cauliflower! I will make this again-thanks!
Fast, Easy , Yummy and Healthy. I LOVE this recipe, I wish there were more like it. I've always poo-pooed cauliflower because they smelled awful when you steam them. But this way, it smells good. Really, it does. I liked the brown spots the best, very flavorful. Try it. Thank you for a great recipe.