Recipe by Manami
I'm used to eating cauliflower raw, steamed or pureed. I love cauliflower and will eat it any way it is prepared. But this method makes cauliflower so palatable to any but the most ardent anti-veggie. I hope this will change your mind!
Top Review by Erindipity
We roast vegetables a lot, but this is the first time I have ever added the lemon and it makes a big difference. The cauliflower was amazing. It did take longer than the stated 15-25 minutes, but I may have left mine in to large of pieces. For a lot fat and healthy side dish this is a perfect choice. You really need very little oil for the dish, and it is a great healthy addition to just about any meal. I can't wait to try with broccoli and asparagus.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled & coarsely minced
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- paprika, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and put in a single layer in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Add garlic.
- Squeeze a lemon over caulifower and drizzle each piece with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If the oven hasn't reached 400F yet, set aside, until it has.
- Place casserole dish in the hot oven, uncovered, for 15-25 minutes, until the top is lightly brown.
- Test with a fork for desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle generously with shredded Parmesan and paprika for color.