Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I saw this recipe cooked by the Surreal Gourmet on a Saturday morning television show. I was intrigued as I tend to find cauliflower a bit bland. This recipe results in a wonderfully sweet cauliflower that appeals to people who even "hate" cauliflower!
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove stems and leaves from cauliflower.
- Rinse cauliflower and pat dry.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl.
- Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Place coated cauliflower on baking sheet.
- Bake for one hour, turning every twenty minutes to ensure even browning.
I made this a few days ago with the olive oil and garlic salt. It was soooo good. I decided today to make it using spray (no calorie) olive oil and a little cayene pepper. It was still sooo good! I only cooked mine around 35 minutes. Next I'm going to try this using broccoli, onions ect! Thanks for a wonderful idea!
I love roasted veggies and when I saw this recipe I thought roasted cauliflower why not. This was so easy and tasty and recipe that I'll make again. I did add a light dusting of garlic power before baking. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
Yum! This is so easy and tasty. I've been eating it every day since I've found this recipe! I've been trying to do this with a few other veggies too. So far, carrots aren't great, but the asparagus was pretty tasty also :D