Recipe by COOKGIRl
Modified from a recipe found on myrecipes.com which in turn was printed in Cooking Light, December 2009. The brown sugar, cumin and sherry vinegar were my addition. PS This also tasted delicious substituting asparagus for the carrots. fyi
Top Review by Sharon123
I used olive oil with a splash of orange juice and some lemon zest. I didn't have sherry vinegar so used cider vinegar and a splash of sherry. Delish! Quartered the recipe too. Thanks!
- 1133.98 g medium carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise (cut to uniform size and thickness)
- 29.58 ml blood orange olive oil
- 7.39 ml spanish smoked paprika (this can be reduced if you want)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 29.58 ml brown sugar, plus
- 4.92 ml dark molasses
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 29.58 ml sherry wine vinegar (can sub Spanish dry sherry but *not* cooking sherry)
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh Italian parsley (cilantro is a good sub!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place the carrots in a large, non-reactive bowl.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except for the fresh parsley. Toss well to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a jelly roll pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tender, stirring a few times to evenly roast.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with fresh parsley or fresh cilantro .