Recipe by little_wing
Very simple way to dress up roasted carrots. The roasted sort of gives a caramelized sweetness which is accentuated by the honey and is balanced lemon flavor. A bit of cayenne gives it a kick but doesn't overpower.
- 3 lbs carrots, cut into pieces 2-inch long and 1-inch thick (15-20)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In foil lined roasting pan, toss carrots with oil and cayenne and season with salt.
- Arrange in single layer, using two pans if needed.
- Roast tossing one halfway through for 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, zest and lemon juice. Season with salt.
- Drizzled over carrots and toss to coat.