Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very simple way to dress up roasted carrots. The roasted sort of gives a caramelized sweetness which is accentuated by the honey and is balanced lemon flavor. A bit of cayenne gives it a kick but doesn't overpower.
- 3 lbs carrots, cut into pieces 2-inch long and 1-inch thick (15-20)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In foil lined roasting pan, toss carrots with oil and cayenne and season with salt.
- Arrange in single layer, using two pans if needed.
- Roast tossing one halfway through for 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, zest and lemon juice. Season with salt.
- Drizzled over carrots and toss to coat.
Nice side dish. Lemon and honey accented the roasted carrots without being heavy or too sweet. Used baby carrots, as that's all I had, but usually prefer sliced whole carrots when roasting. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I cheated a bit with this & used some canned carrots and poured the dressing on them after cooking. I also added a little butter to the honey-lemon which I think was a nice touch. A lovely simple way to jazz up carrots! Made for ZWT 4.
These carrots were delicious and quite easy to make! Even my Filipino friend that usually doesn't like any cooked carrots said she liked them! This is a big plus, because she eats with our family every day for lunch and we like to have cooked carrots sometimes. Thanks little wing! Made for ZWT4 - Go Jefes!