Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is my favorite carrot dish. It is a great twist for a simple vegetable. Use it as a side for a Mediterranean dinner, or for a satisfying snack during the day. The combination of lemon and olives adds so much flavor.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots, rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 slices lemons, halved (paper thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine the carrots, garlic, olive oil, and lemon in a shallow baking dish. Stir to blend.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and lightly browned, about 45 minutes. Add the olives. Bake 10 minutes longer. Make sure carrots are cooked through, and remove from oven. Voila!
Great, simple recipe - made a real change from the usual boiled carrots!