Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from Eating Well.com. I love cardamom. Very healthy dish.
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450ºF.
- Combine butter, oil, cardamom and salt in a medium bowl. Add carrots and toss well to coat. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the carrots, stirring twice, until tender and golden, about 20 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
We really enjoyed the carrots roasted with the cardamom butter. They were wonderful served this way; tender and delicious. I did use a little more cardamom as I love it and finished it off with coarse salt . Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will make often. It was so quick and easy. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game 2015. Kudos on making it into my Favorites Cookbook for 2015.
I love cardamom and EatingWell magazine so when I saw this recipe, I knew instantly that I needed to try it. Made this super easy by using a pound of baby carrots in lieu of cutting up my own. The results were yummy and the spice level very good. I used light butter and added it towards the end to maximize the flavor. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game.