Roasted carrots are a favorite snack or side dish that I enjoy several times a week. This particular rendition came about after thinking about the wonderful Moroccan carrot salads posted on the site. Not only are these delicious, they are
- 1 lb carrot (see step 2 for preparation)
- 1 medium white onion, sliced into rings 1/4 inch thick
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 -6 teaspoons olive oil (I use the lesser amount to remain WW Core)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup moroccan black olives or 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Preapare a baking sheet with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Clean and scrub the carrots well. Cut into sticks 2-3 inches long and quartered. If the top sections are especially thick, cut into sixths rather than quarters. Place in large bowl.
- Add the onion rings and halved garlic cloves to the bowl of carrots. Drizzle oil on top and sprinkle the cinnamon and cumin. Toss the vegetables to coat.
- Place the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Check the vegetables, turning lightly and return to the oven to cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes. (Actual cooking time will vary by the size of your sticks.) You want the carrots to be tender but still crisp and the onions and garlic to be nice and soft.
- Place the roasted vegetables into a serving bowl and toss with the parsley, cilantro, olives and juice from the 1/2 lemon.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Wow! I used this just in a "basic" roasted carrot kind of way, leaving out the parsley, cilantro & olives. Ab-Fab! Will try with all the ingredients at another time.
Delicious! My hard to please family loved this dish, thanks for sharing.
Delicious. I made it with half a pound of "baby" carrots and half a pound of trimmed Brussels sprouts - and it was out of this world. I did leave the "baby" carrots whole, and roasted it about 25 minutes to be sure everything was done.