Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy to make. Goes great with beef.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cut asparagus tops and place with carrots in a large bowl and cover with olive oil, toss to coat. Next sprinkle vegetables with ginger, sesame seeds and salt.
- Place veggies in a single layer in a shallow baking dish and place in oven. Roast for 45 minutes or until veggies or brown and tender.
Loved the recipe. I 3/4 pre cooked the carrots as we love the asparagus to still have some crunch - Baked in 475 oven for 12 minutes Very delish
I added a chunk of freshly grated ginger and a couple of cloves of mashed garlic. I doubled the amount of sesame seed and tossed them in the last 15 minutes of cooking as I didn't want them burned. It was a great side dish to my indonesian style tuna steaks.
This recipe is ridiculous as written - cooking time and temp are way too long and high. Modifications made by other reviewers would save the day especially the partial precooking of the carrots. Carrots and asparagus don't cook at the same rate. Duh!