Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Excellent winter veggies! from Readers' Digest
Make and share this Roasted Carrots and Parsnips recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place parsnips, carrots, onions, oil and thyme in prepared baking dish, toss until veggies are well coated with oil.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine maple syrup and mustard.
- Pour over veggies, toss to coat.
- Roast for another 20 to 25 minutes or until veggies are tender and golden, stirring once.
Excellent! I did not have any Dijon mustard, so I used Honey Dijon salad dressing....I often use the Maple/Dijon sauce in my stir fry. Yummy!
This time of year always has me yearning for good, solid root vegetables and this certainly fit the bill. We eat carrots a few times a week and I am always looking for new ways to make them. Carrots and parsnips lend themselves very well to the sweet, dijon flavor of the sauce. Even my husband, whose idea of veggies is mashed potatoes, french fries, and creamed corn loved this. He said he felt very healthy the next day at work.
I had to substitute brown sugar as I didn't have maple syrup. I will try this again exactly as written but brown sugar will work in a pinch. I also think this would work well with the grainy, country style mustards which add texture.
Actually follwed the recipe! Really great. I also found that my veggies cooked faster than the time stated. I cooked these in the morning and dumped them into a casserole bowl. I reheated them just before serving. (They were delious both hot and cold!) Only compliant was there weren't many leftovers!