Recipe by Wildflower5656
I love how sweet these delicious carrots and onions turn out. Perfect, very simple side dish.
Top Review by Chef Rye
I made these once before and really loved them. I am going to make them again tonight with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yummy. They take about an hour. I am using fresh carrots this time. Last time I used frozen baby carrots. I think they will be awesome with the fresh carrots. Definitely try this recipe. The onions and carrots are so sweet.
- 6 large carrots
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice carrots lengthwise, then chop into approximately 2-3" sections. If your carrots are particularly large, you may need to quarter some, just be sure your pieces are uniform for cooking.
- Slice onion into sections (however you want to. I usually chop as if making onion rings, then slice the circles in half, for long onion "strands").
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, then spread in a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400* until carrots are tender and onions are slightly browned. Noted cooking time is approximate, so keep an eye on these so your carrots don't become mushy!