Recipe by Laura Leigh
Really easy, really simple, and really yummy. You'll never go back to boiled carrots again! From Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa on foodtv.com. Sometimes I leave out the dill/parsley.
- 12 carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole.
- Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- (The carrots will shrink while cooking so make the slices big.) Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a sheet pan in 1 layer and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Toss the carrots with minced dill or parsley, season to taste, and serve.