Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really easy, really simple, and really yummy. You'll never go back to boiled carrots again! From Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa on foodtv.com. Sometimes I leave out the dill/parsley.
- 12 carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 tablespoons parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave whole.
- Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- (The carrots will shrink while cooking so make the slices big.) Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a sheet pan in 1 layer and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Toss the carrots with minced dill or parsley, season to taste, and serve.
We enjoyed these so much tonight. I used the baby carrots and cooked for about 25 minutes. A nice alternative to the usual sweetness of most carrot recipes.
Loved this so much, we used carrots straight from the garden so them of them were skinny and varied in size. Delicious. I fully agree I will never do boiled carrots again, or carrots covered in glaze. These tasted fresh and delicous and still like carrots, I liked the texture a lot.
Laura, I didn't care for the way they shrunk. I'll stick to steamed carrots which taste delicious and look great. Dottie5