Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I can always use this combo, shrimps croquettes with a zing over a bowl of warming soup, in these cold winter days.
- 907.18 g peeled baby carrots
- 2 large shallots, cut into big chunks
- 73.94 ml canola oil, divided
- 2.46 ml salt, divided
- 2.46 ml black pepper, divided
- 946.36 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 7.39 ml freshly grated ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 158.51 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 29.58 ml water
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 29.58 ml finely chopped green onions
- 7.39 ml cajun seasoning
- 29.58 ml Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 414.03 ml panko breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut large baby carrots into 1-inch pieces. Place carrots and shallots in a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons canola oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are soft and begin to brown.
- Transfer carrot mixture to a blender; add chicken broth, ginger and cumin; blend until smooth (do it in batches). Place pureed vegetable in a medium pan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in milk, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- While roasting vegetables, place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; add water. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; slit to vent. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes until potatoes are tender. Mash potatoes. Add shrimps, green onion, Cajun seasoning, ranch seasoning, egg and ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs. Shape into 12 patties; roll in remaining breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 patties to pan, cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Divide soup into four bowls; top each with 3 shrimp croquettes.