Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I can always use this combo, shrimps croquettes with a zing over a bowl of warming soup, in these cold winter days.
- 2 lbs peeled baby carrots
- 2 large shallots, cut into big chunks
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut large baby carrots into 1-inch pieces. Place carrots and shallots in a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons canola oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are soft and begin to brown.
- Transfer carrot mixture to a blender; add chicken broth, ginger and cumin; blend until smooth (do it in batches). Place pureed vegetable in a medium pan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in milk, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- While roasting vegetables, place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; add water. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; slit to vent. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes until potatoes are tender. Mash potatoes. Add shrimps, green onion, Cajun seasoning, ranch seasoning, egg and ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs. Shape into 12 patties; roll in remaining breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 patties to pan, cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Divide soup into four bowls; top each with 3 shrimp croquettes.