The sweetness of roasted carrots is complimented nicely by some heat from ginger and cayenne. Like most soups and stews, this tastes better if made ahead and reheated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Peel and cut carrots into 3 inch pieces.Halve or quarter any larger pieces lengthwise, so they are about the size of an index finger.
- 3On a small baking pan, toss carrots with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 4Roast for 30 minutes and stir.
- 5Return to the oven and roast until the carrots are nicely browned, about 30 minutes more. Set aside.
- 6In a large saucepan, sauté onion over medium heat with some of the salt for a few minutes.
- 7Add ginger, celery, a bit more of the salt and continue cooking for about 5 minutes more.
- 8Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer; cover and cook about 45 minutes, or until the carrots are very soft.
- 9Puree the soup in small batches in a blender. Adjust seasoning with salt or cayenne if needed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1053.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g