Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The sweetness of roasted carrots is complimented nicely by some heat from ginger and cayenne. Like most soups and stews, this tastes better if made ahead and reheated.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel and cut carrots into 3 inch pieces.Halve or quarter any larger pieces lengthwise, so they are about the size of an index finger.
- On a small baking pan, toss carrots with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes and stir.
- Return to the oven and roast until the carrots are nicely browned, about 30 minutes more. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion over medium heat with some of the salt for a few minutes.
- Add ginger, celery, a bit more of the salt and continue cooking for about 5 minutes more.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer; cover and cook about 45 minutes, or until the carrots are very soft.
- Puree the soup in small batches in a blender. Adjust seasoning with salt or cayenne if needed.
A pretty coloured warming soup, but bland for our taste. I will make it again but with some minced garlic, cumin, a abit of black pepper and maybe a pinch of tyme. Thank you for the recipe
I needed a recipe to use up copious garden harvest of baby carrots and a soup was in order to warm the bones. We all enjoyed this soup.