Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found online; posting for safe keeping...Mix in arugula as needed per serving, as it will become wilted if allowed to sit in the carrot mixture too long. (Time it takes for carrots to cool to room temperature not included in prep/cook times)
- 907.18 g carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4.92 ml honey
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 78.07 ml dried cranberries
- 113.39 g packagecrumbled danish blue cheese
- 473.18 ml arugula
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine the carrots, almonds, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the carrots in the preheated oven until soft and the edges turn brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, return the carrots to the mixing bowl, and drizzle with honey and vinegar; toss until coated.
- Add the cranberries and blue cheese; toss again until evenly mixed. Combine with the arugula and serve immediately.
I knew I would love these carrots the minute I read the recipe and I was absolutely correct! Roasting the carrots along with the almonds made them sooo good! I divided up the carrots -- one half was made as per recipe and they were wonderful. With the rest of the carrots, I tossed them right out of the oven with a little honey and served just as they were. Both ways came out excellent. This recipe is headed to my Best of 2013 file for sure. Made for Best of 2012 tag.
Wow! This is one of my new favorite salads. It is so unique and delicious. The flavors balance each other perfectly.
We liked this salad. I used half the oil and carrots, and lots more arugula. I think balsamic would be a great sub in this.