Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Found online; posting for safe keeping...Mix in arugula as needed per serving, as it will become wilted if allowed to sit in the carrot mixture too long. (Time it takes for carrots to cool to room temperature not included in prep/cook times)
Top Review by DailyInspiration
I knew I would love these carrots the minute I read the recipe and I was absolutely correct! Roasting the carrots along with the almonds made them sooo good! I divided up the carrots -- one half was made as per recipe and they were wonderful. With the rest of the carrots, I tossed them right out of the oven with a little honey and served just as they were. Both ways came out excellent. This recipe is headed to my Best of 2013 file for sure. Made for Best of 2012 tag.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled danish blue cheese
- 2 cups arugula
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine the carrots, almonds, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the carrots in the preheated oven until soft and the edges turn brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, return the carrots to the mixing bowl, and drizzle with honey and vinegar; toss until coated.
- Add the cranberries and blue cheese; toss again until evenly mixed. Combine with the arugula and serve immediately.