1/1 Photo of Roasted Carrot & Garlic Soup
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Steph S's Note:
This soup is simple yet surprisingly complex in flavor. The roasted garlic adds depth and the cumin gives it a surprising tingle. Plus the ingredients are pocketbook friendly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- 2To prepare garlic, cut off the top third of the head. Drizzle with 1 T olive oil and then wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Roast in oven 45min to an hour until very soft.
- 3Place sliced carrots in a baking pan large enough so they sit in a single layer. Drizzle the remaining oil on them and stir so that they are covered. Put the pan of carrots in the oven with the garlic. Give them a stir every 20 minutes or so to prevent sticking.
- 4While carrots and garlic are roasting, heat butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Saute onions for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally til soft and translucent. Turn off the heat while you wait for the carrots to finish roasting.
- 5Once garlic is soft, remove from oven, unwrap the foil, and set aside to cool.
- 6Turn up the oven to 350 and continue roasting carrots for 15 more minutes.
- 7Now put your carrots in the pan with the onions and add 2 cups of stock. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 8While this simmers carefully squeeze out the bulbs of garlic and place them in a blender. They should pop right out.
- 9Add carrot and onion mixture to the blender as well and blend until smooth.
- 10Pour soup back into the skillet and gently heat to a simmer, adding more stock as needed to reach the consistency you want. Now add your cumin and salt, tasting to see if more is needed.
- 11Ladle into bowls, top with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Carrot & Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 353.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g