so savory! tastes like fall :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks, with larger pieces sliced in half
- 1/2 head cauliflower, trimmed into florets
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1Preheat your oven to 410 degrees F.
- 2Add the carrots and cauliflower to a medium-sized bowl. Add the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Toss to coat.
- 3Place the carrots and cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, turning once or twice during roasting.
- 4Add the broth to a large pot, then add the roasted carrots, cauliflower, onion, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.
- 5Remove the soup from the heat. Use an immersion blender and carefully blend the ingredients until smooth (you could also use a regular blender, adding the soup in small batches and blending).
- 6Add the cream, a little at a time, and continue to blend until incorporated.
- 7Serve in individual bowls, garnished with the slivered almonds or fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Carrot and Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 1236.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: