Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
so savory! tastes like fall :)
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks, with larger pieces sliced in half
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, trimmed into florets
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 410 degrees F.
- Add the carrots and cauliflower to a medium-sized bowl. Add the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the carrots and cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, turning once or twice during roasting.
- Add the broth to a large pot, then add the roasted carrots, cauliflower, onion, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Use an immersion blender and carefully blend the ingredients until smooth (you could also use a regular blender, adding the soup in small batches and blending).
- Add the cream, a little at a time, and continue to blend until incorporated.
- Serve in individual bowls, garnished with the slivered almonds or fresh parsley.